Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Lester Burnham Posted:

More recently players tried to initiate a serious discussion about focused spamming – decent Forumbuildr players using all their subs in one area resulting in a natural advantage. I said it before, no one is doing anything wrong, however the system itself has created something that is fairly easy to manipulate. If people don’t think it is an advantage to be able to submit 20 – 40 forums on Sunday night they are seriously mistaken.

When it is not a direct “Hey, this is my forum and logo, go vote for it.”, the manipulation advantage seems to come from the power to flood.

If you want to win a category for the week, the way to do this is to put all of your submissions into it. I’m not sure why people only seem to care about forum ideas when this is the way it works for any category and it’s the way it’s always been. All categories usually have over 100 submissions to vote on, but I never hear anyone complaining that they’re being forced to vote on too many Angry Replies or Typical Posts. And I certainly never hear people getting accused of flooding those categories, even though it’s usually the same person who gets the most overall submissions into the forum week after week.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!