Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

The only problem I see with the overly-elaborate (and mathematic, mmk) suggestions to “fix” forumbuildr in this thread, after a quick skim, is this.

If, after “fix” after “fix,” the same people tend to win most of the time, how are you going to want to “fix” it then?

Some of the arguments I see are justified, but more than a few seem to be coming atop a mission-horse not interested in making the game more fair, fun, accessible or rewarding, but instead to simply try to change a system under which they were losing.

If it were up to me, I’d halve everyone’s buildr score and make the maximum gain +1 instead of +2 per week. Then I’d implement Bootyhole’s idea of more and more incremental gains as one’s buildr score gets frighteningly high. Buildr scores at that point would become like whole character levels, not digits: to get to 100 submissions I’d have to work from 99.00 to 100 in tiny decimals.

As for the people whining about too many submissions, that’d help, but man, don’t whine about there being too many on the very first or second day of submitting when everyone has entries in but few are weeded yet. That’s like whining about there being too many teams in the college basketball finals. Give it a while. They do get nuked to a much smaller number.

And, uhm, also… you really aren’t forced at gunpoint to vote for every single entry, you know.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!