Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I think the reason why the thread tackled news coverage tendencies of mainstream media more is because the first post focused on that and discussion just rolled on from there.

Xylon mentioned the disconfirmation bias theory. I know I encountered a similar theory in clbum but with a different name. It has something to do with dissonance.

Which now leads me to another communication theory about ‘selective information’ wherein you just choose which information you want to believe and discard the rest. This also is prone to dissonance especially if the other side has a very valid argument. Then again, you could just dismiss and deny it as easily if you’re mind is really set with your current stand.

Right now, I am practicing that theory because I pick my spots. And I am quite discriminating. As much as possible I detest the primetime newscasts. All fluff and nothing else. Although I give them the chance if there’s nothing else more interesting to watch. And that is rare. A much easier option is to just turn off the boob tube.

Just want to put that out because I forgot to add it in my first post.

Anyway, I did touch a little bit of other types of media in my first post when I talked about the long tail because you’ve got to admit, the primary reason we go to YouTube is to be entertained. Rarely do we go there to actually gather serious information.

I could also talk about the lighter side of media and whatnot. Just do not take my opinion because it would be reeking of chronological bias because I believe 80s and 90s music was way much better than today since it broke barriers (although the same could be argued from the older generation and I challenge the kids of today if they could say the same thing with today’s music).

Come to think of it, I just said my piece with regards to present day music.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!