Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

StrayNeko Posted:

oh so if it’s a episode 2 thing it’s perfectly right for you to price gouge, Funny I don’t don’t see you selling ep2 equipment with as much as a price gouge. Nah your just abusing peoples stupidity into thinking you actually give them deals.

Please don’t call my customers stupid.

A 10-20% profit margin is not price gouging, especially when my auctions have reserves that are usually less than 1% above my own cost.

StrayNeko Posted:

Yes it would be like you to pick a low end book that people get rid of and say that, how many “I Almost Had Sex With a Woman: Memoirs of a Hacker Hero ” have you been selling for 100k +? a book people do keep for the 10+ offense, not a mid level item they just buy along the way.

I sell the Hacker Hero book currently for 90K, and have sold it for as low as 60K. In fact, I set a 60K reserve for all of my Hacker Hero books.

zagerblag Posted:

I Almost Had Sex With a Woman does seem to be priced high; I wonder why. Acid Flux probably didn’t notice, or it sells fine at that price. Flezz doesn’t mean much unless you’re shooting for the Leaderboard.

Hey, Acid Flux, what’s your typical Buy It Now markup?

I set my Reserves at just above my own purchase price. For example, my Tumorous Kidneys have a reserve price of 650,000. My purchase price is 643,200, so this is a 1% markup. The Buyout price is currently 750,000, which is a 16.6% markup.

I may lower that soon, but at that price, they sell fairly regularly. I also regularly run sales as well.

The reason I offer different prices for reserves and buyouts is to accommodate more than one type of customers, as explained in my Storefront.

For those looking to get the lowest possible price, my Reserve Auctions allow them to get those items for barely more than I pay for them.

For those looking to get an item ASAP, the Buyout price allows them to use their item immediately, not three days later.

I cater to both demographics, and I do so fairly.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!