Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Bashy Posted:

After reading this thread, it makes me laugh to see which players are calling for “nerfs.”

We’ve got people who suck at or never bothered with formbuildr wanting to nerf chocolate, probably because they got put in a bracket with plk. Nevermind that she can’t win a single trophy, since the major factor in who wins at Dom is which klan has more members in a bracket, since destruction is so powerful now.

Eh? I have most Forumbuildr peens and am still on the first page of the buildr leaderboard despite having not submitted anything in months. Also I have suggested that INCIT should give more chocolate scoops and I never play INCIT. 20 submissions would still be a lot, 80+ is ridiculous. Also plk won a medal not long ago. My argument for limiting the number of submissions for Forumbuildr was that the status quo disadvantages new players heavily. What’s your argument?

­

Bashy Posted:

We’ve got people with slow connections wanting yellow nerfed.

Who ever asked to nerf lemon scoops? Back your claims up please.

­

Bashy Posted:

We’ve got people who hate losing deciding that green is too powerful because someone might have a better position in a streak than they do. Nevermind that streaks are a great incentive to visit and see all the content in all the forums, or that it’s one of the few strategic aspects of Dom, where spy intelligence and tracking where other people are in their streaks is incentivized.

If you run a streak to get pistachio scoops for dom you also speedrun them for lemons so you don’t see the content of the forums. I agree that tracking where other players are in their streak adds strategy, that’s why I do it, but it’s bad game design if you can only play every third, or in a few months every fourth week with a realistic chance to win a medal in the higher brackets. A high streak should give an advantage but not exclude all who just started a new streak.

­

Bashy Posted:

Why is “nerfing” always the solution?

Bashy Posted:

... overpowered destruction…

So you are against nerfs but want to nerf destruction, hm? Not that I disagree, bumholes are to strong atm. Raising the power of the bumhole card was kinda justified to have a weapon against overpowered raids but 1. why can you play them at every time and not only if you have less than 4 scoops like it was in the early days of domination before bumholes were nerfed. 2. Killing raids shortly after the strengthening of bumholes wasn’t the wisest thing to do but why do you blame players for that?

­

Bashy Posted:

If we implemented all the proposed nerfs, we’d all be communist little bastards who’d only be getting about 300 scoops max, regardless of how much time and dedication one has put into the game, in an entire Dom week. With so much destruction, one single person could wipe out your progress easily.

You realise that this single person would also have less scoops to play destruction with and you can only bumhole people who are in the lead, do you?

­

Bashy Posted:

Nerfs are not the only way to balance things.

My intention was to make some suggestions to rebalance scoops. If some flavours are considerably stronger than others you can either boost the weak ones or nerf the strong ones. I’m in favour of nerfing the strong flavours for a simple reason: the game is basically unplayable in the last hours before the dom round ends due to the lag and that’s probably because of all the cards that are played, so fewer scoops might lessen the problem, at least it wouldn’t make it worse.

­

Bashy Posted:

Bracket placement (alts, klans and enemies) is the single most unbalancing aspect of Dom, but nobody really gives a **** because 90% of the committed Dom players are a few select klans, many of which act as if they’re the same one.

Bracket placement is new every week and while you might be one week in a hostile bracket next week everything is different. It’s still possible though that a player has two alts in the same bracket and that has to be fixed. Even more important is the real problem with brackets: the empty brackets with only a few, sometimes even only one player in them so that medals are guaranteed. That’s ridiculous.

­

Bashy Posted:

The fact that being on at the last hour of Dom ending is the second most unbalancing aspect of Dom, as it’s one of the only ways to avoid gang-enjoy caused by the overpowered destruction

Hey, I agree – it would be great if people who don’t have time when the dom round ends could compete. That’s why I think a destruction medal would be a great addition to the game. It wouldn’t fix the problem entirely but the best time to play destruction is within the week because most players who get enough scoops to be in bumhole range are also experienced enough to equip their shields only shortly before the round ends and it’s obviously more effective to play destro when no shields are equipped. A destruction medal would also be great for unklanned players who don’t have to be considerate of klanies. Of course that wouldn’t really solve the problem but at least it would offer an altervative.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!