Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Your last part, about removing downvoting completely, coupled with my weighted scoring system, is probably the best solution.

I know you have concerns about ‘jerkvoting’, but that’s going to be a potential risk in any situation where players have input into the system.

What I would prefer overall is a system where the top 5% (or less) of submissions are reviewed by CZ (or even a group of veteran players that they personally select), and from those ‘Finalists’, they choose which one to add into the game. Any of these ‘Judges’ that have a submission in the Final Round would have to recuse him/herself from the final process for that particular round, to keep it fair.

In other words, it’s our job as the player-base to filter out the majority of the drek, and submit to them a handful of choices to pick from. Automatically adding content just because it got the most votes is a bad system, IMO.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!