Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Acid Flux Posted:

We’ve talked about limiting the number of votes based on your Buildr score. In other words, the higher your buildr score, the more votes you are allowed, based on a percentage of the total submissions.

Example:

Buildr Score = 40, and there are 200 submissions, you get 200 X 40% = 80 Votes total (Pbumes wouldn’t count)

Buildr Score = 10, and there are 200 submissions, you get 200 X 10% = 20 Votes total (Pbumes wouldn’t count)

This isn’t a bad idea, but I’d like to propose an alternative: Weighted Voted.

First off, a submission has to reach a much lower negative number to be ‘killed’, or we simply remove the stipulation that a certain negative value kills a submission.

Secondly, everyone can vote once for everything.

Next, if your buildr score is 1 or less, then each vote you cast only counts for 1 point. (98.6% of players fall into this category, i.e. 34,440 players out of 34,916)

If your buildr score is between 2 to 5, then each of your votes counts x2. (339 players or 0.98%)

If your buildr score is between 6 to 10, then each of your votes counts x3. (73 or 0.21%)

If your buildr score is between 11 to 15, then each of your votes counts x4. (27 or 0.08%)

If your buildr score is between 16+, then each of your votes counts x5. (37 or 0.11%)

Those that contribute more to the forum deserve a stronger influence on it’s future, because they’ve already demonstrated the value of their contributions. And as we can see, that’s less than 1.5% of the player-base.

Wouldn’t this make it easier to downvote the competition? And will each of my alts with different buildr scores be able to vote?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!