Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

MidnightPhoe-
nix

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Read the book first, greatly enjoyed it. Very favorably surprised at the translation to movie. They did an excellent job matching actors to the original art (except Ozymandias, who ended up more arrogant Dutch prick and less Grecian God). Rorschach was awesome, but a few of his best moments were changed, unfortunately (largely to smooth over chunks that got edited out).

There is a lot missing from the book, but including it would have added another hour and a half easily, and I felt the plot changes were generally very well handled. Several of the 80’s social conflicts were removed, but probably because they’d seem forced today (think of early law and order or homicide).

Overall, easily the best comic-bookish movie I’ve ever seen (with Iron Man topping the family-friendly category).

Oh, fun side note – there is virtually no smoking in the entire movie.

Also, as I was leaving there were a trio of blondes “that movie was so cool, but it was sooooooo confusing” Log in to see images!

Regarding music – I thought the choices were generally excellent… although Leonard Cohen’s version of Hallelujah is easily the worst I’ve ever heard. Probably added for Canadian content or some such. Pity, since Patricia O’Callahan is Canadian (i think) and has a decent version.

MidnightPhoenix edited this message on 03/09/2009 1:16AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!