Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think if any clbum gets added to the game at this point, it ought to be something along these lines. In the real world internet, “Pedantry” is a very important aspect of trolling (all of the best trolls I know are upstanding pedants), and this goes wholly underrepresented. I mean, not everybody who goes out of their way to correct your grammar and spelling on the internet does it because they have no social skills. Some people do it because they’re bumholes, and they know it ****es you off, and it ****es you off in a way that not only fails to embarrbum them, but actually casts them in a good light in the view of some other posters; so it’s a win-win. Someone who will point by point answer an argument via multiquote, and drag an entire forum down the rabbit hole of a three hour discursion on the difference between “chile” and “chili”, touching on culinary anthropology, linguistic standards for transliteration, the true history of the American west, philosophy of etymology, and ethnobotany.

We have clbumes that do their thing via jackbumery (trolls, Hackers), dramatic histrionics (Emos, Camgirls), and idiocy (Permanoobs, Re-Res), but there are no true pedants in the game, and this needs addressing. Unlike things like furries who are really generally just some subset or linear combination of the other clbumes, the Pedant is very much unique in his or her behavior.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 03/07/2009 3:31AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!