Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jonro

Avatar: 132894 Thu Feb 19 22:01:35 -0500 2009

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Xylon Posted:

I have yet to see an intelligent presentation of Modern Satanism in this thread. The OP is a theistic Satanist, a branch of the religion that is mired in oral tradition and superstition that is reverse engineered for 16th century catholic symbolism. Theistic Satanism is more of a heretical denomination of Christianity than anything else.

The OP?

Theistic Satanism? Umm…sort of. But not really. The bumyrians, Al-Yezidi and Babylonians go back further than that.

Xylon Posted:

LaVey was a marketing genius who knew that by incorporating the works of Crowley, Agrippa, and Horodatus into his book “The Satanic Rituals” he could effectively run a hedonistic sect and keep himself rolling in vice and cash. LaVeyan Satanism is more about suitheistic existence where man answers to himself first then to his collective group with which he works. They use Satan as a symbol of that which is considered taboo or reprehensible by society, they are basically Atheists with funny clothes, pomp and ritual.

Pretty much, yeah. Except most of us aren’t suitheistic.

Xylon Posted:

Luciferianism is a sect of Satanism that tries to worship the Judeo-Christian fallen angel Lucifer as the bringer of light and knowledge to man kind. Which at first sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation until you realize that like the theistic satanists I mentioned above they are little more than a heretical sect of Chrisitanity.

Also commonly known as devil-worshipers. Pretty much, yeah.

Xylon Posted:

I am agnostic, I think all religion, including Atheism and Suitheism is bull****.

Pretty much, yeah.

Why is this thread unintelligent again?

Jonro edited this message on 03/05/2009 7:28PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!