Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Recommencer

Avatar: 135255 Tue Mar 24 17:02:05 -0400 2009

[Throne of Blood]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Oh, poor Xylon. So much criticism, so far. Some constructive, some not. *shrug* Hey, I’ve got two cents here somewhere…

Let’s see. Mysoginism (sp?) will exist for another century or two, it’s just destined to be. The Puritan church really took a toll on creativity and self-identity during the late Medieval to Renaissance ages, and we’re still strongly feeling the effects of it some…god, what…800 years later? Yeah, there’s something weird ingrained in the human species, and it takes a severely aware and open family/social life to break it. Personally, the church has their fingers in all the pies, but we still keep baking. WTF. Meh…society.

Offense. I’m a gay male and I know a real fabulous person when I see one. And I’ll use the word when appropriate, because it’s a word…and honestly in today’s world you can pretty much make up definitions to a word because…well, without getting to rapt in heavy communication theory, words are only as strong as you the user make them. Yeah, there’s a lot to be said about words developing from the community that uses them, but in the end, if I call you a fabulous person, it’s because I think you’re too proudly acting out all those stereotypes that the homosexual population has suffered from for almost a century, hell, since the word ‘homosexual’ was invented. It wasn’t even really a tangible concept until the word was invented, and now…god knows how many ‘kids’ today have the word ‘gay’ as a part of their vernacular. Whatever, I can’t change them, don’t plan on it, got other **** to do.

(PS, if someone wants to flame the **** out of me because of orientation, bring it, bloodsacks.)

However…it does get BORING to read (****er, fine upstanding member of society, woman's genitals, fabulous person, male reproductive organsucker, gtfo) all over FW. So, they’ve just become ‘another insult.’ Meh. Insults are easy, flaming often lacks creativity. I’ve been on here for a good couple weeks now, and other than the FW game, I’m not finding any interesting character creationg and adhesive rp’ing. I have some ideas that I would like to put out there, but due to the easy facility of insults and pic-flaming-trolling, my path is a little steeper. Meh, again.

So, I guess, in the end, the major problem is civilization celebrating the easy/convenient/quantity/commonality/accessibility and shaming the intricate/difficult/well-thought/introspective/intangible.

So, the question is, how do we find solace in this game without changing the game? Or, if you wanna be more aggressive, how does one pay respect to the game and yet make it inhabitable. I’m with ya either way, just let me know.

Meantime, Ima go back to lurking and reading. Take care.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!