Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I think there need to be different “levels” of cards.

There should be a few cards you could purchase for ~3 scoops and some that require ~6 scoops.

The 6 scoop ones shouldn’t be too overpowered, and even if you spent 6 scoops there’s still be a 50% chance that you’d only get to choose 2 of the weaker cards instead of 1 of the more powerful cards.

Then, for every 3 additional scoops you add, you get a +50% chance to get a 6-scoop card. So at 9 scoops, you have a 50% chance with the first 3 scoops to spend the next 3 and get a 6-scoop card, a 50% chance with the second 3 scoops to get a 6-scoop card if you failed that one.

So at 12 scoops:
1st 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and go to 3rd
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 2nd
2nd 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and go to 4th
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 3rd
3rd 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and out of scoops
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 4th
4th 3 scoops: Get a 3-scoop card and out of scoops

Basically, the more scoops you trade in the more powerful your cards might be.

Suggestions for Card Divisions:

3-scoop cards

– Peeping Tom

– The Destroyer

– The Thief (The stolen scoop should be random if this is a 3-scoop card.)

6-scoop cards

– The Modest Improvement (+3 instead of +2)

– The Shotgun (-3 instead of -2 or give the player a choice)

– The Switcheroo (Allows a player to swap all the scoops or half the scoops of two flavors.)

– The bumhole (In addition to the normal effect, also removes a percentage-based number, like 10% of the total scoops.)

I don’t like the idea of reflection/wall cards unless all players can see whether one is active or not – otherwise people will stop using domination cards altogether, or be too cautious about it.

I also think this is a good place to recommend the ability to have some sort of trigger that you can set for card usage. I’m tired of having things happen when I can’t get to the computer before domination ends – it’s one of the things that really ruins the game for me. I’d like the ability to set whether or not to use a card if someone uses a card on me, gets more scoops/a certain number of scoops, etc. With the ability to set specific triggers for specific cards or players that take precedence over the general rules. Also, time-triggered usage would be nice, but I have a feeling that many people will use their cards on the last day….

AHA! What if there were a limit to how many cards you could play per day? For the first few days of domination, the number would be extremely high … but later on the number would dwindle to 4 or 5 by the last day.

Corion edited this message on 03/19/2008 2:26PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!