Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Eglath

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 35 Camwhore

Gnefarious Gnymphomaniac

The thing that is bugging me is why the source data has an incomplete byte at the end… I’m guessing just so that the binary would make a solid block of square text when posted in the profile, but every other sentence in the code ends in punctuation and the last line does not.

I know I am just being picky, but it would have made more sense to me if the sequence had ended with

1101000111111011 instead of the five trailing zeros.

When bit-flipped and ascii-fied, this would have ended the final line with a period and then inserted a [EOT] marker, which is commonly used in unix-like systems to signal an end-of-file. (cite)

Truthfully, when I first looked at the block of binary, my first instinct was to ascii’fy the text, and then when that was unintelligible, try a rot13 to decrypt it. When that didn’t work I set it aside to try and crack it later, but guess I waited too long. Log in to see images!

Anyhow, great job MrThePlague, congratulations! *applause*

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!