Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

It’s about stealing the scoops before the non-Rush players can buy cards. Let’s use the recent SotQR Vanilla Rush as an example (remember, this is before any Vanilla rebalancing).

Look at the sequence below. I’m taking a Rush player starting at 0 scoops against a selection of non-Rush players with various scoop and card levels.

Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  4 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 2 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 1 Cards

Rush Player:	300 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  4 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  8 Scoops	 1 Cards

At this point, the Rush player realizes that he is the primary target for bumhole cards, and starts to dump scoops into cards.

Rush Player: 260 Scoops 10 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 0 Scoops 2 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 1 Cards

Rush Player: 260 Scoops 10 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 0 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 4 Scoops 1 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 0 Scoops 2 Cards

Non-Rush Player: 8 Scoops 1 Cards

He hits the 10 card limit. Looking at worse case scenario, one of the non-Rush players notices the sudden jump and purchases another card.

Rush Player:	260 Scoops	 2 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 0 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 1 Cards
Non-Rush Player:	  0 Scoops	 1 Cards

The Rush player realizes he has to play his cards in order to dump more scoops into cards. To keep things simple, we’re going to bumume that he pulled 10 Shotgun cards. Using those shotgun cards, he manages to reduce all other players to 0 scoops while still retaining cards (yes, in reality the bracket has more players, but that simply means he has to rinse-and-repeat over and over until either all players are 0 or he runs out of scoops).

Rush Player:	260 Scoops	 2 Cards

Again, sticking to worse case scenario, we will bumume that all of the non-Rush players are holding bumhole cards. Using all of the bumhole cards, they do damage against the Rush player. However, he still leads with cards and scoops. If someone manages to pull 4 scoops with all 4 visits tomorrow, then they either have to immediately dump all scoops into a card (which negates any possibilty of a medal), or run the risk of the Rush player carding those 4 scoops away again.

This is the backfire that I’m afraid will happen with a limit on cards, unless controls are put into place such as my suggestion that people reduced below a certain number of scoops earning automatic bumhole cards.

I can’t get the spacing in that one block of text to go away. It doesn’t look that way in edit or preview mode, only once I re-post it.

Bubo edited this message on 03/17/2008 6:29PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!