Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

jaycampbell Posted:

Adding a new scoop flavor might help with balancing the competition aspect.

I propose “blood” flavored scoops, which are earned by taking or absorbing large amounts of damage while pwning a forum. This would aim to a troll’s strengths, just as lemon aims at camwhores. It would also give those poor, deluded re-re’s something to gun for, and match well with some of the emokids attacks.

A flavor that rewarded damage taking would pull some people out of endless speed runs in dentistry and fitness. It would replace the antifreeze mechanic that I think (in my limited experience) is almost entirely ignored. I think it would pull people into the harder forums, and provide a reward for that.

Thoughts, theories?

I’m not sure that it would really help with the balancing aspect of the Vanilla complaints, especially with the Switcheroo usage that I described in the stickied Vanilla thread. However, I think that a scoop based on incoming damage would actually be quite fun, and support this idea!

I don’t think it would be as beneficial to Trolls as to Emokids, simply because a Troll’s strength is to mitigate the damage taken and it appears that you want to track the damage applied. It might work better for Trolls if it is based on damage to equipment than outright Ego hits, but that might give more benefit to CamWhores depending on how equipment damage is tracked.

I’m not sure about your comment regarding antifreeze, I earn antifreeze on a regular basis, and I know players who completely pwn the antifreeze mechanic.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!