Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Philanthropist Posted:

I can’t be arsed to think of them, but I’m sure there are loads of advantages to be gained from resetting before another player.

I don’t like it.

Mathematically, it won’t matter when the individual rollover times start or stop, so long as that information is kept private.

Player A’s rollover time WED 10 p.m., one hour after Domination starts. When Domination starts, he could have, at most, 12 forum visits saved up. He uses those within the hour, and over the course of seven days, he acquires 28 more (WED, THU, FRI, SAT, SUN, MON, TUE 10 p.m.) That’s a maximum of 40 forum visits during any one Domination Round.

Player B’s rollover time WED 8 p.m., one hour bedfore Domination starts. When Domination starts, he could have, at most, 12 forum visits saved up. He uses those within the hour, and over the course of seven days, he acquires 28 more (THU, FRI, SAT, SUN, MON, TUE, WED 8 p.m.) That’s a maximum of 40 forum visits during any one Domination Round.

The only difference is when each player has to go for their ‘rush’. And so long as the total number of forum visits available and rollover time of each player is kept private, it’s completely fair.

If you want to hedge the bet about fairness, then don’t have any rollover times occur within 6 hours of of Domination end times (i.e., the last rollover time should be 3 p.m.) That means that for the last six hours on Wednesday, everyone knows that their opponents, like themselves, can’t have more than 12 forum visits saved up. That means the endgame strategy is fair & balanced.

And with 18 possible rollover times left in the mix, that still spreads out the workload for the servers, etcetera.

Simply randomly bumign rollover times, on the hour, between 10 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily. As an option, make it a 3-5 Brownie Point service to choose your rollover time manually.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!