Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Hummingbird_-
of_Doom

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Starfang_42 Posted:

Yeah, I never really got into the competitive scene. I’ve never had a real knack for prediction and I always seem to switch in at exactly the wrong time. Maybe once I can get to the second tower tycoon battle…

I know from experience how frustrating it is when you’re starting out in competitive battling. Prediction is something that comes with experience and the only way to learn how to predict your opponent’s moves is to get your bum handed to you on a silver plate until you learn how people usually react to certain things. When dealing with more advanced players, you also have to take into account counter predicting and predicting counter predicting which is a bit more complicated and usually involves a bit of luck as well. I’m fairly good at prediction, but I still make mistakes that occasionally end up losing me the game and I’ve been battling competitively for nearly 3 years now. Log in to see images!

NoiseLess Posted:

Noobs still playing pokemon… lol

Only real men are manly enough to admit playing Pokémon. Besides, the best trolls I’ve ever seen happen to reside on a certain Pokémon forum so gtfo, camwhore. >: Go lurk on Smogon, then say Pokémon is for noobs. Or even better, join the site (something I’ve never dared to do) and get the crap flamed out of you, kthxbye.

Pokémon is a pure strategy game disguised under a cute mask of furry critters. AI opponents aren’t really that great, but playing against a real human player can be really fun, especially when you’re playing mindgames with your opponent. Pokémon is all about creating a balanced lineup and predicting your opponent’s moves. Without proper strategy, you won’t get far against good players and you constantly have to adapt your playing depending on your opponent’s battling style. Behind that simple concept lies a whole world of complicated mathematical formulas that you need to use to your advantage if you intend to get anywhere. Once you’ve learned everything about IVs, EVs, natures, completely understand the damage calculations, how the move Hidden Power works and understand the concept of IV breeding, then you have the right to think whatever you want about Pokémon.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!