Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

CroMagnon Posted:

Which failed. Badly too. “Jesus died for our sins.” explain that to me. Because i never realy understood it.

Ok, in the Old Testament Mosaic covenant, people still sinned. They were every bit as wicked and sinful as we are now. However, their sins stuck. They were condemned by existence.

To get around this temporarily, you had to offer cleansing sacrifices. Usually a lamb or young goat without defect was offered to the Lord as a burnt offering, an offering of purity to make up for the sin staining the person.

This is also the result of the ceremonial uncleanness laws made so famous by leviticus. Sacrifices temporarily purified the people so that they could stay within God’s presence without being killed. (God’s awesome power overwhelmed those who ventured into the Holy of Holies, the innermost room of the temple, because of their sinfulness. Only the high priest could enter once a year during the annual Rosh Hashanah holiday; anyone else would die.)

You’ve heard the expression “the Lamb of God” before. Isaiah also uses the term in chapter 53, some of the most famous messianic prophecies. “He will be led like a lamb to the slaughter.”

This is describing Jesus, the holy son of God, the lamb, who was sacrificed for all sins.

Since he was purely God and not just an animal, his sacrifice meant far more, had much farther-reaching power. In dying, he took away the blame and condemnation of all people, by using himself as the atoning sacrifice.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!