Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Illusion is not only seeing something that is not there, it could also not be seeing something that is indeed there. The illusion of reality is not a simple series of parlor tricks, but the idea behind the stage magic of Las Vegas and many street magicians is the ability to warp these illusions further, or perhaps to dispel them. Magic is an alteration of perception, from simple glamers to the conjuration of solid objects from nothingness.

Either that, or sleight of hand.

Perhaps. However, I think that we have to take base reality at face value until we see (hear, taste, smell, or touch) otherwise, with a healthy amount of trying to peek behind the proverbial curtain. This may sound a bit circular, but that’s why I believe the universe is fundamentally real. If it is real, then the parts of it that are not are the exceptions, and we can empirically seek out the illusions, since they will eventually stop being consistent. From the right angle, the tiger doesn’t disappear, and the earth isn’t the center of the universe. As long as we check the things we perceive as real from as many angles as we can, we can build up a collective perception much larger than our individual one.

My ego is trumped only by how ****ing awesome I am.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!