Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Nicco Posted:

Why did they limited the buyout price but not the bid price? Nobody’s gonna buy some weak drugs for 5 million flezz anyway.

Because, to reverse the logic, no one would have sold a pink floyd if the auction was limited to 303,000  .

A limited bid price just makes all the rare moar files not worth selling. What would you limit the price to? 1000x (303,000   for pink floyd, pre-adjustment). All that would mean is people would have been swapping Versnatche for 500,000,000   (or whatever moderately expensive store item), and not selling floyds. Alternately, everything rare can be ridiculously expensive, and not worth using because of repair costs.

Limited bid prices means not selling rare items, and having an auction site full of things you can buy or find easily. While that might be great for newbies and people who haven’t bought Episode 2, it’d be pretty boring for everyone else. Taking advantage of differences in Frugality is cute and all, but not the most interesting part of an auction site.

If there was some sort of ‘easy solution’ to auction fixing, I’m sure Ebay would love to hear about it, ‘cause they certainly haven’t figured it out yet.

Evil Trout Posted:

Also in case you didn’t notice by clicking around auctions, I have logs on who bids on what and who wins what auction. There’s nothing stopping me from reversing any major flezz transfers. I’m not sure what I’m going to be working on today yet, but I have a feeling that some people will find a lot of their flezz gone very soon.

Does that mean we have some hope of getting all the lost proxy bid bug flezz back, too? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!