Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

STGill

[Dev-Null]

Level 14 Hacker

DELETED ACCOUNT

My biggest issue with Vista are network transfers, this alone ****es me off to no end. In my household network shares are used frequently. My vista box transfers at about 1.3 to 2 MB/sec where as the XP machines can transfer about four times that rate.

Vista released a patch but it did not increase network transfer speeds, it only stopped the occasional hanging I was experiencing.

I continue to use Vista because I love the interface, I also like having DirectX 10, when Vista came out DX10 was only available on Vista, it is now available for XP.

Why do I continue to use Vista? Because I have 200+ GB of data and NOWHERE to back it up ATM, soon as I have access to a storage device capable of a complete back up XP3 is going on this baby.

Here I’ll give you my personal critique of Vista

OS Performance (Overall) 6.4 out of 10

Application Compatibility: 8 out of 10

Local Area Network Performance: 2 out of 10

Internet Performance: 8 out of 10

Security: 6 out of 10

Ease of use: 9 out of 10

Innovation: 6 out of 10

Customization/Modding: 7 out of 10

Memory/Resource Management: 4 out of 10

Eyecandy: 8 out of 10

My machines specs:

3.33 Ghz

2024 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 1550 (256 MB-PCI Express 16X)

SATA

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!