Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

psyconius

[in4mador]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

DarkhawkX Posted:

While this logic sounds great on paper, in the end I think you’ll find all Klans consolidating into 3-4 mbumive ae-invite zerg Klans leaving the game with little variety in play style. For a quirky analogy, the same problem materialized in Everquest, leading to the implementation of raid caps that carried over into WoW.

If your goal is to grow a sizable player base, it would seem prudent to adjust Domination to a point that a majority of the playerbase can actually accomplish something. Personally, I started playing ForumWarz because I thought it was a novel idea that for once lacked true timesinks. I could play for 30 minutes a day and screw around in the end with Domination. If I need to go join a “raiding” Klan and hop in IRC for a mbumively coordinated thread bumault I can’t see the point in continuing. Worse yet, I could join, never raid, and wake up to mbumive scoops which would destroy all sense of accomplishment and bore me in a week.

The bottom line is that I am only complaining because I really enjoy your game and see a great potential in the pick up and play concept, screwing over each other in Domination for less than an hour a day. Of course this is all my personal taste and in the end one person is insignificant. But I would wager there are a lot of players out there like me that probably would never post in Flamebate. They’ll just move on.

QFT

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!