Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Yeah, so I figured that Evil Trout could use some advice in terms of economics so he can earn more money with this site and doesn’t have to whine about insignificant stuff all the time. Also everyone else would benefit because Evil Trout actually earning decent money with Forumwarz would improve the quality of the game – not just in regards of “lol if I improve Forumwarz further, I could become rich and buy myself the <insert random thing Robin Ward always wanted to buy> I always wanted!”, but also because he could invest more money into development, servers and stuff like that. It would also make it more unlikely that some weird Dubai investor who’s into LOLcats buys the site and turns it into something which is even worse than what it is today (don’t ask me how!).

So yeah, in this thread we post suggestions how Evil Trout could increase his income.

My ideas (I’m not claiming all of them to be decent, I rather want to kick off a discussion):

– Encourage people to make their first Brownie Point purchase by offering special conditions for first-time purchasers (like free BPs with a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio to bought BPs).

– Put more BPs into the Forumwarz economy so that people who haven’t bought BPs yet taste blood. I’m not saying everybody should get a free BP like some others do, but by making BPs less valuable for a certain amount of time to a certain group of people you could kick off a significant increase of BP purchases. I suppose that this would work especially well if you limit this bonus to pranks. Like, say, some kind of contest with many winners who all win one free prank.

– Further increase the portfolio of things you can buy with BPs. We all know that no matter how dumb something is, there will always be people buying it. The IDC Color Change stuff is a good example. Think of more similar stuff. One thing that often works well is to let people enhance their profile (yeah, I know how ironic this is in a game like Forumwarz, but I bet it would work).

– Especially try to encourage pranks and increase the variety of pranks. Simply because pranks can be used infinitely (contrary to stuff like alts that does have limit values). In my opinion, you could earn several hundreds of dollars a month by adding a new prank that bans users from posting on Flamebate for 24 hours for, let’s say, 10 BP. (Yeah, I’m aware of the disadvantages.)

FalCoN edited this message on 12/30/2008 6:20AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!