Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

generichaxor Posted:

Instead of making a really tough short forum,

make a forum with 1000s of threads, each one with a large amount of HP, but low power.

This will elongate the battle, making the player’s equipment suffer intense blows (1000s of threads = thousands of attacks endured = mbumive upkeep). This acts as a great flezzsink.

To alleviate this problem, the Cred bonus for pwning several threads in a row would really add up, making higher level threads very very valuable in terms of Cred gain.

For example, if the Cred boost is 70, then the 10000th thread will be worth 700000 more Cred than the first thread. This is quite useful to the players that want a challenge.

The forum could have boss threads of increasing difficulty at every 10-fold increase in forum number.

The 10th thread would be a boss.

The 100th thread would be a boss.

etc…

This would make a really cool forum, since it would take hours to pwn, give mbumive amounts of cred, damage, and moar files, and give the player an incentive to play this forum despite the difficulty. Speedrun times would become very reasonable due to the length of the forum.

Unless I am missing something crucial, Forumbuildr only sets up a forum, not its power and length. So I’m suggesting this here.

Thoughts?.

the boss threads would have more HP than usual, and medium power

ghax edited this message on 12/29/2008 7:46PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!