Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

crovax1234

Avatar: 4582 2010-02-23 19:23:15 -0500

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Troll

Gambling addict extraordinaire

Cherrypie Posted:

Crovax, if people will get random rollover hours, I guess the hour their Dom bracket ends will have to be more varied too so no rollovers fall too close to a bracket’s closing. Nothing overkill like 24 different bracket endings — but mebbe four of them (one at 6:00 AM, one at 12:00 AM, one at 6:00 PM, one at 12:00 PM)

The only issues I can think about this is that once you divided people up into four groups, is that you’d probably want to make this another choice option. If you don’t make this available for choice, you run the risk of screwing people out of being able to be there at the end of their bracket, since it may occur at 3AM their time.

However, if you make it a choice option, you also run the risk of Klans being able to engineer their way to taking over brackets (should they want to) or, conversely, being able to increase their chances of staying spread out so everyone can take their own bracket.

Also, if this was a choice option, would it too change every week? Or would it be a one-time deal sort of thing?

Sorry about overthinking this… game design/test is kinda my thing, and I tend to overthink the repercussions from every possible decision.

Edit: The only real issue with bumigning brackets to the people based off of their refresh time is, as refresh time doesn’t change, you’d stagnate your pool of players pretty quickly, and would have a harder time getting new blood.

Edit the second: The easiest thing to do would probably just have the random times fall between 10PM EST and the following 9-12 hours or so. That way, you can completely avert all potential Domination foulups.

crovax1234 edited this message on 03/10/2008 8:56PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!