Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

MCB’s quote about putting threads in the wrong place doesn’t apply when the poster has 6 previous bans for ‘out of place’ posts.

Was this thread in the wrong place, though?

For that to be true, then his thread must be viewed as a RPing attempt. But as SimplytheBest just pointed out, CZ has a love of easter eggs for this game, and as such, it is well within reasonable bumumption that this was a legitimate game discussion matter.

Tubs, by your above post, you are admitting that you were biased in your bumessment of any of Crinks’ posts because of his prior offenses. In other words, you began with the presumption that he was RPing in a non-RP forum. But as many of us have said, it is unclear if this was RPing or not.

Does this mean that the benefit of the doubt is no longer even an option if someone has prior offenses?

Does this mean that if Crinks ever posts with any sort of internet lingo, such as ‘lol’ or ‘hai guyz’, that means he’s automatically RolePlaying instead of simply using internet slang?

It’s obvious that you were pre-biased in your bumessment of the thread in question, based on Crinks prior bans. And I suggest that you overreacted. If a convicted bank robber doesn’t come to a complete stop at a stop sign, the cops don’t throw him back in jail for 20 more years.

Additionally, since it has not been proven that the thread in question actually was RPing (even with the second post by Crinks in the thread), then this was an unfair ban.

I’d like to say that I’m sad to see that this has happened, but I can’t. If I said I was sad, then I’m afraid that someone would insist that I was Role-Playing as an EmoKid. Because obviously the line between RPing and actual discussion is too blurry for some people. Maybe when Crinks gets back from his ban, he should just preface every non-RP post with ‘This is a non-RP post. Please don’t jump to conclusions.’

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!