Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Doc_Holliday

Avatar: 85846 Fri Nov 21 20:09:23 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I'm your ****leberry.

It does seem you’re outright screwed or destined to push the vast majority of the time the dealer shows a face, 10, or ace. I mean, I just pretty much chalk those up. The only other thing to do is *always* bumume the other card he’s holding is a 10 or Ace and hit to get at least +1 higher. That’s the only way. If I see he’s showing a 5 and I’ve got 14, I hit. If I see he’s holding a 3 and I’ve got 14, I’ll stand, since *most* of the time he’s holding a 10 or Ace. If he’s showing 4 and I’ve got 14, I hit simply because I know there’s over half a chance at the best case scenario, I get a push.

To make it a bit more fair since it does seem disproportionately rigged to the dealer is to give a “Surrender” option for only the draw and first hit. I know it’s exceptionally rare in Blackjack, but there’s precedent for it, and losing 5k/12.5k is better than the whole 10k/25k. Using a Surrender should interrupt any scoop streak, though.

Ever since the new options were added the bot is kicking my bum more often than not. If you go on a run, quit when you lose two hands in a row – I’ve found once you lose two in a row winning from then on gets a ****ton more unlikely.

But it is ****ing uncanny how many times you’ll have 10/10 and the dealer will have the same or a magic Blackjack. Or if you’ve got 10/9 and he’s got 10/10 or a Blackjack.

Doc_Holliday edited this message on 12/15/2008 12:47AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!