Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Dorque

Avatar: 84988 Sat Nov 29 18:46:03 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Whoo, a lot to respond to.

First and foremost: Simply, I can’t send yours until you reply to my email, as per the original post. Please check the email you signed up with and let me know if you haven’t received anything, I’ll send another one. Log in to see images!

Secondly, to all of you who would say I’m targeting the wrong demographic, never going to get anyone to sign up, etc…. you’re somewhat correct. I’m not going to get MOST people to sign up. The idea here, however, and of any advertising, is to disseminate your product to the largest number of people you can. This certainly isn’t my only campaign, but it’s one of the only ones I’m running that rewards people just for checking it out. I’d be very pleased if I were to get more than one out of every 15 people viewing the information to join.

More than anything, this campaign is a way for me to gather some information – no, not your email addresses, but rather the relative effectiveness of a reward-based campaign for my business.

For anyone who’s genuinely curious about the results, this thread has so far had 421 views, and I’ve given out around 35 points. A couple of those people have generated subsequent leads.

As compared, my community ad has made almost 60,000 impressions and generated 81 CTs. Of those clickthroughs, I’ve had maybe 3-4 signups.

Of course, for relative value, the community ad was dirt cheap, but the reward system seems to be much more efficient in generating leads. Were I doing this through a pay-per-CT service, the cost would be roughly the same for far fewer leads.

So far, this seems to have been rather successful, from my standpoint.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!