Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Meth Use La

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Nothing needs nerfing. We need to leave this for a while so players can experiment with the new difficulty level. There are better ways to do things than all-out offense, and players have gotten lazy in that regard. 30 seconds on the most difficult forum, which is just as difficult as the easiest forum, is stupid. I want some forums to be difficult, because that’s where players use their skills to best effect to extract an edge.

e.g. 300 is *not* the maximum ego you can heal per turn. It’s 350, with a combination of 5HTP and Endopatch. Expensive (certainly it will cost far more than you will get in return with some clbumes) but possible. With high defence, the PC misses a reasonable % of the time, so this isn’t quite so horrible as some people paint. Players, for the first time, actually have to unlearn some bad habits (everything into offense=bad), and learn some new skills. Everything in offence and no ego upgrades is a mistake. Defence plays a bigger part. Upkeep e.g. now has a purpose. So there’s an edge to actually knowing what you’re doing, and the game is edging towards working properly. If the most difficult forums had been difficult from the outset, noone would have seen any issue with it. We’re just used to being over powerful.

Having forums which require a player to use consumables to run is reasonable. It’s up to players to determine now what the most efficient combination of forums to run are, for grinding for flezz. And, if too many items are required, that means the player has to run easier forums more often, or perhaps that the consumables are too expensive.

Grinding the most difficult forums for the best .moar files now has a built in cost. That’s as it should be, though it’s unfortunate that some players got the best equipment before these forums were buffed. That, to be blunt, is an issue with ET not getting things right before releasing episode 2 though.

Also, if this had been in place from the outset (alongside the Geronimo nerf) getting to level 35, possibly might have been an achievement. For those who get there now, it is. For those who got there before, it was a joke and a disappointment. A random peen for running the same old forums again.

The only real issues I have here are the speedrun times which should have been reset, and that these forums were buffed, and I didn’t know anything about it. We need an announcement addition to the character page when you log back in, as, obviously, announcements are not going to be seen unless players check the twitter every time they play, which would be a stupid bumumption. There wasn’t a mention in Game Discussion until a number of hours after the change took place, and that wasn’t by a staff member. So, that it was mentioned at all is better, but is not sufficient. It was also a significant enough change it should have been announced *in advance* – give players some warning so they don’t lose a visit/a streak/whatever, and have a Haxlrose available to respec if necessary. Hindsight is 20/20 but these are common sense observations IMO.

With all due respect, this all is a lot easier to say when you’re a troll. As an emo, I put a real bumload into ego. My defence isn’t bad either, so I could casually run Second Wife in about a minute with >90% of my ego intact. The changes, which happened as far as I can tell without any way for me to know unless I happened to check the forums (BAWBAWBAW) meant I went into a run (which would’ve given me a 12 streak for the first time Log in to see images!) without any drugs and got raped the **** out of on the fourth or fifth thread. Not having played a high level troll, I don’t know how it is for you guys, but I don’t think it hurts you guys as much as it did emos.

Sorry for the incoherent form and direction of this post, it’s early in the morning for me Log in to see images!

[Edit] Also I’m not sure if my character is even financially viable any more…I’m too tired to calculate how it’ll be after a few days of having to use a few drugs to run the hardest forums, as well as upkeeping all my .moars etc.. Seems sort of very special if I’m making less money than I was at level 28 before, by running the hardest forums, in the most economical way possible.

Meth Use La edited this message on 11/30/2008 6:47AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!