Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Just got through running 12 visits on all my alts, so here’re my views on the current balance (which’ll probably be out of date by tomorrow… ) All the characters have very similar .moar files, each that can equip the best glbumes have them on, and they all have mostly offense-orientated builds. I like to max out on luck and have slightly higher ego than most true speed runners, but these guys are reasonably comparable.

Emo: Offense 99

Camwhore: Offense 95

Troll: Offense 90

Hacker: Offense 144

The Emo and Camwhore seem pretty well balanced at this point. They both hit at about 1900-2000 damage on their high-end attacks, with the same refresh rates etc. I think the Emo clbum has a slight advantage for the long forums like Homicide Girls and Home of the Male Objectors since they tend to take a bit of damage in these runs, pushing the damage of the best attack up to 2100-2200, but the effect is minor.

The Troll was definitely very much overpowered, hitting something like 2700-2800 with his top attack. Considering that the clbum’s reduced offense compared to Camwhores and Emos really isn’t all that much if you set up your builds right, I think they need nerfing again.

The Hacker’s the trickiest to judge on balance (especially since I wasn’t paying as much attention whilst playing it, so take this with a pinch of salt), with the odd refresh rates and high PP cost. I actually ran out of PP in a longer forum for the first time today, which is actually kinda neat since you have to pay more attention. That said, these are disadvantages to the clbum and the resulting attacks should be slightly better to compensate, but at the moment the hacker is hitting for very similar (slightly more, maybe?) damage to the Emo/Camwhore baseline. He has over 50 more points in offense, and still doesn’t hit as hard as a Troll! Frankly, it seems to me that they need a boost. I’d keep the refresh rates and PP costs similar to how they are now, though, just increase the damage a bit.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!