Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

in my experience maxtors are the least reliable.

two of mine are gimped to the max

Wow. That’s insane. In my experience, Maxtors never ****ing die. Some older ones run kinda hot, and quite loud, but they never… ever... ****ing die. Seagates are pretty good as well. But Western Digital drives die. Not just by a slight margin, but EVERY ****ING WESTERN DIGITAL DRIVE I EVER SEE is ****ing DEAD or DYING. They usually just stop spinning up, or clunk out and don’t start up properly, so you can’t even access a single byte of data (bad head/heads). But if I held onto every dead WD hard drive I’ve run across (I still have a small stack of them), it would take up a whole drawer. I can practically predict what kind of hard drive is in a computer… if it’s a desktop computer and it has hard drive problems, I can just say “let me guess, Western Digital”, and sure enough, WD. Every ****ing time.

My experience with Seagate is interesting though. One hard drive, it was pbumword-protected and I just wanted a ****ing hard drive, didn’t care what was on it. I cleared the drive with the master pbumword and it was good to go! Another drive was totally unusable… wouldn’t read everything, always jammed up. I spent a couple nights on a looped erase function, then a looped read-and-remap function, and now I’ve got the hard drive 100% working great with no bad sectors at all. Quite amazing how resilient Seagates are. Log in to see images!

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!