Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

It’s looking like DeviousArt could very well be next week’s forum. This is really a question for everybody, but input from Evil Trout would be great.

It seems like this is a forum that would really benefit from being able to attach/embed images to the posts.

Is this possible or even desirable? I’d just as soon let people throw whatever pictures they want into the posts, and things will just get voted up or down as normal. I guess there’s (in theory) some griefing potential, though I’d like to think we’re better than spamming huge.jpg everywhere. I think the benefit outweighs that, but what do you guys think?

First I was going to say you might just have people host them independently and embed them in the posts, but then I guess you have issues with images theoretically being broken in the future. Maybe have an upload system where people can throw images into a ‘pool’ to be used for this particular forum, sort of like avatars? Obviously there’d be a reasonably small cap on size, both in terms of screen space and kb. Then again, we have a lot more users than we used to, and depending upon how much server space we’ve got available that might be impractical.

Thoughts?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!