Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

AtomicScripter Posted:

2MBps? FAIL. I have around 19MBps at work, that’s T1 right there.

T1 is more like 300KB/s. T1 is actually oldschool by now. There are much better connections businesses commonly use today…

Also, 2MB/s (to be precise, along the lines of 2.4MB/s), is more along the lines of 20Mbps. It’s pretty ****ing fast IMO.

Tomato is the ****ing **** – FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR beyond anything DD-WRT can ever hope to be. If your device can handle Tomato (requires a 4MB Flash chip, not a 2 like the newer stripped Linksys routers that run on DD-WRT Micro), you will absolutely fall in love with it. Flawless QoS, excellent interface, fully AJAX’ized (live updates _everywhere_), stable, fast, and extraordinarily flexible, even more so than DD-WRT… and you don’t have to be a Linux geek to get down and dirty with it. Everything’s in the WebUI. God, I can’t say enough good about it.

Wires? Yeah, I’m a little concerned about that connection junction setup, but then again, I never touch those wires anyway. That whole setup is in my living room in front of the window, which gives it the best wireless signal. There’s a long CAT5 cable that’s branched off into DSL and Ethernet signals, that goes into my room to give it wired access to the network. At least 80% of the computers on my network use wireless, so I’m pretty keen on making it run very well, which is why I have the WRT54GL running as “G-only” with a secondary “B” access point running its own SSID on the opposite channel. The G-only network ends up getting full performance, extraordinary range, and no dropouts ever. Same with the “B”. Turns out that the problems only seem to occur with manufacturer default settings – mixed B and G mode! >.<

Seriously though… anyone else care to contribute some pictures?

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!