Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SeXxyYiFF4U

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

JioCaged Posted:

Whine, whine, whine…

I actually felt a pinge of rage before I realized that being a douchebag is the point of these forums.

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s good to hear your thoughts, truly, but I really think you guys are getting a little out of hand about a pricing scheme that hasn’t even been decided on.

The simple truth is that we don’t know enough about the economics of Forumwarz yet to make clear calls about the future. The fact is the game costs money to develop and run, and if we can’t clear those costs we can’t sustain it. So far you guys have been very generous and we love you for it, but it’s only been up for a matter of weeks! We don’t know how much money we can expect to take in from brownie point purchases and ads, as we have only a few days’ worth of data to go on. The most important thing to us is to keep the game running and keep improving that. To do so, a certain amount of income is required.

Now, in our internal discussions where we’ve talked about Episode 2 having a cost, we’ve constantly been saying “it will be free for existing donors.” The idea being, if you’ve given us ANYTHING, we plan to give you the new episode for free. I didn’t want to make any promises but if you have already supported us, episode 2 will be free, period.

We are not making all new content pay only. Trust me when I say we are planning new features that are absolutely free to play like Forumwarz is now. The existing free content is not going anywhere either.

I understand that in other RPG games allow you to buy items and stuff, but I’ve always been against the idea of someone buying a better ability than someone else. You’ll notice that so far none of our options give you a leg up in competitions.

Seriously, when an admin promises something to donators, he should deliver.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!