Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The gamer culture in general is of the opinion that everything should be free. I get that, I love free stuff, too.

I used to own a brick and mortar game shop selling CCG/TCGs and I was literally shocked that gamers (regardless of age) were in a constant state of thinking I was a capitalist whore for charging them for cards. There was a fairly constant reminder thing that had to happen: You’re sitting here playing this game, taking up table space for 6 hours and you think I’m evil because I think you should buy something to help support the shop? When you go to your job do you expect to earn money for your work? Would you keep going if no one paid you?

The answer to that is in fact, no. I closed my shop just about a year ago. It was sad, and I miss the hell out of some of the people, but the reality was that I was financing a very expensive clubhouse.

It’s very simple – it might be cool, we might be part of a culture that is growing more and more used to riding along on the free tide that is the internet, but if the things you enjoy are not supported financially those providing them will most likely not continue devoting a large portion of their lives to them. If you enjoy something, and if you spend more than a few minutes a week on a game site you are in fact enjoying it or you are a moron for wasting your time, give ‘em a kickback. You go see a movie and it’s $8 – $12 for 2 hours of entertainment. I just don’t think a similar fee is unreasonable for something you can come back to over and over.

Yes, I’m old and a big nerd and I pay for music, too.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!