Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I haven’t read all of the other comments but am adding my two cents because Scully asked me to.

From the perspective of a non-Klan player with several alts, this week and these changes were excellent and made the game much better.

I had one alt in each of the top 6 brackets so I was able to see a lot of different strategies at play. The top bracket was too difficult so I just bought some attack cards and did a bit of damage which was still fun. The second bracket had three Squidly alts which he announced early on so again I didn’t really bother with it. But in all of the other brackets the game was extremely competitive with several people (4-8 I would estimate) playing hard for the win in each. I personally thought I had three medals wrapped up but was hit by about 20 cards in the last two minutes and couldn’t play my cards fast enough to recover (damn system freeze in the last minute!). Most other weeks these brackets are write-offs by Sunday.

The ability for a solo to get 300-400 in a week and the limited cards really changes the strategy radically and doesn’t let anyone get too far ahead of the pack without risking a dogpile reaction. Personally, I think the 30 card limit is probably too low but any kind of limit is better than none. I can’t speak to the ties since they don’t affect me – it appears the Betas decided early who was going to get what medal for them and just went ahead. Does anyone know how many inadvertent ties happened in other brackets?

To sum up, even as one of this week’s losers, I heartily endorse the changes. At least in the brackets I was playing, there were more people playing and they were playing better than I have seen before (i.e. using strategy throughout the week rather than just in the last 10 minutes).

The downside to these changes is that they make the problem of having more than one alt in the same bracket even worse. If you can use one alt for pure attack and the other for the win you have an enormous advantage over everyone else – even more so if you don’t have the decency to announce it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!