Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

No ties made for an interesting alternate strategy to mess with players: create a tie. I do think that is really only a valid strategy in the top brackets where players have that sort of griefing attitude toward each other.

If brackets were smaller, say 15 to 20 players max, I think it would be fine. I think it would also allow players who want to be competitive, but can’t play religiously every single week a chance to still come out as an aggressive player as long as they make the weeks where they do play count. Honestly I think it has to be frustrating as hell to watch the same players week after week take home 2 – 4 medals. Fewer medals will mean harder work in all the brackets, but those who happen to have team advantage in the upper brackets won’t be able to consistently widen the gulf between themselves and other players.

On the flip side, I know it made quite a few players (both klan and solo) feel there was not a lot of point in trying, since totals were being set as high as humanly possible. You have to figure every bracket went from 15 possible winners to 3. Most players like to see a “you win” at the end of the game they are playing every once in awhile. The unwinnable games are the ones most people lose interest in, or quit in disgust. So, perhaps until new medals are introduced bring ties to a two way, maybe even a three way option? I mean who doesn’t like a three way? Log in to see images!

As for The bumhole, along with the destruct-o-rama fun, part of the point of the card has always been the potential to hit hard enough to open a path to sneak in a win. As long as there are mbumive quantities of scoops available, The bumhole should be stronger, imo. The reduced power really gives an insane advantage to klans that can afford to have players act as “meat shields.” If there are 2 or 3 players willing to leave all their scoops exposed – even if they aren’t raiding – it is damn near impossible to work through the walls to get to the people who are actually playing.

When someone has 150 scoops sitting there it just takes too much to get through them, and ends up feeling pointless. An bumhole that hits for 5 takes 30 cards to eliminate 150 scoops, bumhole that hits for 6 takes 25 – and, that is if no one else has any scoops. So it takes 100 – 120 scoops to do the damage. You just have a better chance ignoring it completely and leaving your scoops on the board and hoping someone else will get bored and hit the person above you. The power of The bumhole came in the ability to honestly shift who was winning. With the reduced scoop count I feel like the Shotgun and Thief are much more powerful, since they can target the person you want to target.

I love the idea of The bumhole doing the 10 scoops if you have less than 4 scoops, and then switching to the hit for 6 version if you have 4 or more. That would be a fantastically fun card.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!