Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: That and, as i’ve said in that thread, a lot of their rp failed to engage their audience

8:55PM

Natalie: Yes, that is BANG ON.

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: It was thing that felt closed off to the rest of forumwarz

Natalie: That is one of the best insights that I think there’s been.

elenaratelimit: their rp was tl;dr

elenaratelimit: for rp to be TL it has to be interesting

AAHZ: sillyness

Natalie: The inability to participate in RP because you don’t feel as though you’re part of it, or you worry that by posting you’ll overstep some boundary.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well at least they seemed to enjoy it

Natalie: I think that is absolutely a major aspect of the RP issue within ForumWarz.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: if no one else did

elenaratelimit: i read 2 sentences then spaced out and started diddling myself

8:56PM

elenaratelimit: i can’t read that **** ****

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: as long as theyre having fun who cares right?

Natalie: Sure, they enjoyed it, but the idea of RP is to get others involved, to get them inspired, to get them participating, and if it feels that removed, then that’s not going to happen.

elenaratelimit: I CARE

elenaratelimit: DEEPLY

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Definitely

Natalie: No, no, we’re not CRITICIZING the RP per se. The RP was good — the lack of ability for outsiders to participate was the downfall.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well you dont have to read their terrible investigation **** yanno

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: And the reason why I keep touting Briddy’s rping so much is that while you weren’t able to particpate with her, it was ****ing hilarious

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Which was the payoff for reading it

Natalie: I think that’s the real key to the whole issue, which means that if we can figure out how to open up RP THAT way, then we can address the issue.

8:57PM

Natalie: Who was she RPing as?

Natalie: Fact?

Natalie: Which I misspelled three times — impressive for four letters.

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Yeah, Fact

elenaratelimit: i like RPing that is more like a ‘person’ posting in a character rather than a thread where ‘things happen’ but that’s just me

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: Sig, we’re not trying to leave RP alone, we’re trying to help it

8:58PM

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: And I agree with elenaratelimit, I usually just space out if the story in the rp doesn’t catch my attention

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER: well you guys are in fact one of the original troll klans

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: AND I AGREE WITH elenaratelimit AGAIN

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST: I like characters. :3

Natalie: elenaratelimit: I think that it’s easier to RP a character in general because you can react to a character more easily than you can to an RP story arc that seems closed off.

8:59PM

elenaratelimit: Natalie: yeah if you miss a few pages you are kind of left out

elenaratelimit: and if it doesnt interest me i wont read it =\ i am lazy

Thanks, that makes sense.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!