Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Agent Smith

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Hello.

I just got the Orange Box for my birthday. The problem is, I don’t know whether Half-life 2 will run on my computer. When I downloaded the free trial, the game ran, but after I started a new game, the opening video froze within 10 seconds (I’m not sure whether the video froze completely or just looped, since it was just after it had faded to black, but the audio looped and I had to close the program). I don’t want to open up the box yet, since I don’t know if I’ll be able to play it.

I’m running a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista Home Premium. It has an Intel Pentium Dual Processor CPU with 1.6 GHz. I have 1014MB of RAM. The graphics card is an Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family.

So what’s wrong? Is my computer incompatible with or not powerful enough for Half-Life 2? Is there some fix that I can apply? Do I need a driver or something? I don’t want to miss out on HL2. Someone, HELP! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!