Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Hey guys! I’m actually just about to leave for alaska, where i’ll be for the next week, but in the meantime here’s some proof I’ve actually been doing ****!

I’ve been busting my bum for days here trying to get this ****ing rudimentary random dungeon generator to work, and my work is finally starting to pay off!

The algorithm for my RDG is basically taken from here, but with a few significant differences. I don’t really have time to go into all the changes I made right now, but if you guys are interested I can go into more detail when I return next week.

In the meantime, screenshots!

Here was my first compiled attempt to generate just one randomly created corridor from an existing room. Utter failure. Barf!

And after hours and hours of toil and trying to figure out exactly what the **** I was doing wrong (there were many many things) here are some results from my most recent runs!

40 features generated

50 features generated

60 features generated

Obviously there’s a lot of room for refinement, such as cutting down on the number of dead ends and **** like that, but overall I think it’s very successful for a basic first version! I am pleased Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!