Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BeBoBli

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

JacksonKelly Posted:

There is a lot, it just seems like in my experience with Windows you could find ‘Lite’ or ‘Trial’ anything you wanted but always had to pay for a full version. One of my favorite Linux features is a free program that comes with it that’s basically the exact equivalent of Photoshop.

everything actually free that provides source code can and usually is ported to Windows including all of the following excellent programs:

OpenOffice.org

Pidgin

Firefox

GIMP

Blender

If you like Linux for free programs that’s the lousiest reason I’ve heard. If you want to use Linux if better be for compiz-fusion, security, hosting, proprietary hardware dev (hell Macs run on unix and I believe a few consoles do as well), or for boycotting Microsoft. Those are all reasons I did at least. I’ll wait another year when Ubuntu starts really rolling. And as far as learning Linux I would have used Slackware Debian Fedora Core or Gentoo, but the problem is I don’t give a ****.

On that note back to Windows. **** Linux for now cause I wanna play games that are too slow in virualization and wine doesn’t support fully and use various specialty programs.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!