Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

PUBICDAWG Posted:

For reasons beyond my control, I cannot use Firefox. However, the game works just fine in the Opera 9.5 beta, set in Site Preferences to identify as Firefox. The only problem is that the attack toolbar is sometimes slow, and a few other minor quibbles, but it’s still very playable.

Edit: Evil Trout, please don’t take action to prevent us from using the Opera 9.5 beta to play the game in this way.

Don’t worry, it’s actually impossible for me to prevent you from playing this way Log in to see images!

As to why we’re Firefox only:

The short version is that the battle toolbar does something with Javascript that IE doesn’t support because it’s broken. Microsoft knows about this and their official stance is “Wait for the next IE”

The longer version is that of course we could spend a lot of time building a new toolbar that doesn’t use this technique, or an IE-specific version of the toolbar. There just hasn’t been a good reason to spend all that time when Firefox and Safari are free and available for just about everyone who wants to use them.

I’m sorry for the people who want to play at offices where they’re forced to use IE, you’ll have to play at home for now Log in to see images!

From a development standpoint, it’s a much higher priority for me to create the two new features (Forumwarz Domination and the Forum Builder) than fix this. Maybe once those are deployed and I’m into Episode 2 development full time I will take a break and tackle the IE issue again.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!