Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Well I think scully’s idea could work depending on how high of overhead that sort of code would generate.

Basically when a klan pwns 12 forums it would need to do a check of currently held forums and then give 1 vanilla to each raider that is currently dominating a forum. If you aren’t on that list of raiders you won’t get a vanilla that set of 12.

Under this system it would be smart to only pwn one forum per person (bumuming you can get 12 members/alts involved) and the individuals pwning the anchor forums (second wife, gfoc, faux, etc) would generally receive the highest reward in any given raid whereas most klans would reserve the high rollover forums for scrub alts.

One problem I see with this system is that your potential maximum number of scoops is almost as high but it’s even less distributed than it is currently. As long as you are consistently pwning only low turnover forums you can in theory still have the same rewards we currently see. Further this sort of system would discourage people from functioning as raid coordinators as they would generally fail to recieve the same benefits they currently do (basically the raid coordinator would have to choose one forum like GFoC as their forum pwned and then focus on counting forums).

Another problem I see is that it still creates the problem of encouraging 10+ hour raids. bumuming roughly 20-30 new forums will come in via episode 2 I think the problem of slow forum turnover will continue to be highly problematic.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!