Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Tarman Posted:

I feel like it has to be shown:

http://forumwarz.com/domination/show_team/2

Honestly… is this fair?

Well it’s not impossible to nuke your way through that many scoops bumuming you have friends bumisting in the group. The problem is that for the most part people might try to medal the first couple of weeks but they tend to get discouraged when they aren’t competitive. They often don’t even take the time to convert scoops to bumholes in order to grief the leaders.

Honestly until there is a hard per week cap on vanilla scoops, klan vanilla will dominate the game. In the past Bingebot (who is primarily responsible for endgame design work) seemed to be against further nerfs to vanilla as he liked incorporating a cooperative aspect to the game. However if domination is going to be the big draw for endgames it needs to be more competitive and honestly that means restricting the influence vanilla has on the outcome of each week.

I don’t really mind a reward for cooperative play and honestly good omens and brainfreeze seem to do a decent job restricting leechers from getting free scoops. However I do think it’s unwise to limit the effective pool of domination players to roughly 20 or so players (alts not included). At this point in time even new klans like enjoy are unlikely to be competitive unless they are willing to put in multiple session raids in a given week.

Speaking plainly forumwarz isn’t a MMO, encouraging 10+ hour raids as the current ruleset does simply limits the appeal of the endgame to a ridiculous extent. IMHO this is counterproductive to a new game that is trying to grow it’s userbase rather than maintain a small but dedicated userbase. Considering the steadily shrinking userbase (some of which will be rectified with additional advertising and the release of episode 2)I believe that efforts should be made to make domination more inclusive rather than exclusive.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!