Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

There are two projects we’ve been working on that I think will keep Forumwarz a lot more interesting in between Episodes. Now before I say anything else I should remind you guys that these features are in development, and their designs have already changed a lot and will continue to change. Just because we say something in this thread does not mean the final products will necessarily do that.

The Forum Building App

The first major project will be a tool for you guys to collaboratively create your own forums. You will have access to a version of the madlib engine we use to generate our content, so you can write things like:

Evil trout is a @****ing @homosexual

And Forumwarz will randomly display it as something like “Evil Trout is a fellatio-performing fabulous personwad” (I actually just generated that using the tool).

Now, when I say collaboratively, the whole process will be anonymous and based on votes. Everyone working on the Forum will add their posts and replies based on the theme of the forum, and then will vote up or down the other content present. The highest voted stuff makes it in, the lowest get ditched.

Forumwarz Domination

The Domination game is what I referred to in the top secret hidden forum as the Klan game. People brought up some concerns with the idea, and we’ve gone back to the drawing board and I think we’ve come up with a game idea that will be really fun to play.

Basically how it will work is that certain challenges in the Forumwarz universe will reward you with cred points of various colors.

For example, pwning 4 different forums in a row without dying or leaving might give you a red point. Having your Klan pwn all the forums in the game might give you a blue point. Winning a 1000 bet against gamblor might give you a yellow point.

Once a week, everyone’s points are reset to zero to level the playing field. A prize is announced for winning the week’s domination. It might be Brownie Points or Flezz or maybe even a unique item.

Now the interesting part is the scoring. It is not a matter of the most points wins. The objective is to get the most majorities of points.

In other words, having the most points of any particular color means you have the majority of that color. But to win Forumwarz Domination you have to have more than one majority. So you will be competing with other players over the majorities of different colors of points.

So let’s say I had 10 red points, 3 blue and 2 yellow.

Another player might have 2 red, 4 blue and 3 yellow.

In that case, I’d have one majority (red), but they’d have two majorities (blue and yellow). So the other player would win, even though they only had 9 points total and I had 15!

On top of this, I’d like to give each player a few special abilities that they could use to change the dynamics of the game. Each player would be given the same abilities, something like:

– Steal a point from another player

– Change one of your points into another color

– Change another player’s points into another color

As always, we’d like to hear your thoughts on these, and any suggestions you might have. Again, I’ll re-iterate that we reserve the right to completely change our minds at any time about these Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!