Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Oh god I’m SO getting in on this. Don’t have much just yet, but I dug out a few ideas so far.

As far as ‘cursed’ weapons go, maybe you could have melee weapons be made of rubber or turn out to be one of those soft squeaky toys, and ranged weapons will extend a flag showing a noise appropriate to its weapon type (ie. BANG, RAT-A-TAT-A-TAT, BOOM, TWANG, etc). You can’t change what’s in the hand(s) the weapon is equipped until you get a certain item, as you failed to notice the superglue coating the dodgy weapon when you grabbed it.

Make a superboss that’s adorable and harmless-seeming but can destroy you 5 times over before you can say ‘something doesn’t seem quite right here’, ala Black Rabite from Seiken Densetsu 3. Call it a ‘cute widdle fluffy-wuffy’ or something Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey Posted:

speaking of drugs, i would ****ing LOVE to find a creative and awesome way to implement hallucinogenic mushrooms and such. Nethack’s version of hallucinating is way too boring and unrealistic. I want to see the ****ing dungeon walls BREATHE man!!

Maybe make it so every step you take, everything within sight changes to a random colour and possibly shifts position a little (though the ‘moving’ walls/items/monsters will actually be in the same place, so you can’t run into the hallucinations), and instead of ‘you see a (monster/item/thing)’, have randomly strung together sentences that make little sense, sort of like one of those weirdbum spam messages or something.

Something_Witty edited this message on 06/15/2008 8:18PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!