Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Yep! My recent rediscovered obsession with ADOM has compelled me to return to an old dream project of mine and create an epic large-scale roguelike game.

ITT I will share my progress, trials, and tribulations. When I get around to creating working bits of code I can share them with you guys. I’m making it in C++ & SDL, fyi.

I will also be taking suggestions here. Anything from all-encompbuming game mechanics to specific items, artifacts, and buffs/spells. Please don’t **** this thread up with crap suggestions, but don’t be afraid to speak up and tell me your idea either.

The theme and feel I’m going for is kind of wacky/comedic but also with some genuinely freaky horror elements. In a medieval-ish fantasy setting I guess, but you don’t have to stick TOO much to that, there can be the occasional more modern thing.

EXAMPLES OF GOOD IDEAS:

– a grenade with fairies in it

– a stone glove artifact that acts like battletoads – on critical hits it turns into a giant anvil/something and bashes the **** out of enemies (downside is you have to be fighting barehanded for it to work)

– a wrestler clbum that deals extra damage when wielding chairs

– dungeons made of flesh that slowly digest the character and any monsters inside, and reacts to being dug into and such.

Obviously not all of the good ideas that will be forthcoming will make it in, but at the very least the brainstorming is a big help. Sometime later i’ll comment on where I am in the development right now. It’s going to be an extremely long arduous process and I’m hoping to use this thread as motivation and incentive, so if you see it go inactive for a while, bump it up and ask me what the ****!

That’s it

Love,

BoP

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!