Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Kelp Plankton Posted:

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

That’s how we plan to approach this. Flezz could become Brownie Points (in very high amounts) but we’re not comfortable with people buying Flezz.

At the very least, if we were allow something like that, we would take those characters off the Leaderboards, restrict their E-peen™, and perhaps deface their level names and avatars accordingly. The idea of a FWZ “GameShark” has been proposed for newbs who just want to see what happens without bothering to grind Log in to see images!

If you do this, I suggest you also limit them to a significant distance behind the plot progression that actual players are able to see. Something like 2-3 episodes behind.

Personally I would rather not see that happen. For starters, anyone with the Gameshark capabilities will likely run through the game very quickly, with multiple builds to find the most efficient one. Then, to earn e-peen (note the lack of trademark and capitalization) on the Internet, they’re likely to post up the superbuilds, potentially spoiling the game.

Of course one would argue that if a player wanted the challenge he wouldn’t have searched for the ultimate build in the first place. Or that it was bound to happen sooner or later, Gameshark or not. Or even that the whole conjecture is merely a slippery slope argument, that one does not necessarily lead to the other. Regardless, I fear that such an event may end up ruining Forumwarz and send it the way countless other MMOGs have gone: into obscurity and eventual oblivion.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!