Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

Something_Witty Posted:

For those of you who’ve never played/heard of rogue-likes (such as Nethack, ADOM, Mystery Dungeon, Azure Dreams, etc), think basically a turn-based dungeon crawler RPG with randomly generated floors, items, monsters etc, and in many of them once your character dies they’re gone. GONE.

For those of you who’ve never played or heard of Doom, SLAP YOURSELF IN THE FACE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Basically, here’s how this’ll work. I’ll play the game, and when it comes to point where I’d make a decision (do I attack these monsters and if so with what weapon, should I go down a floor yet, do I ditch one weapon to grab this one, should I walk across the acid or find another way, etc), I’ll post a screenshot and do what the FIRST PERSON TO POST A LEGITIMATE ACTION suggests.

A few rules:

1. I won’t do anything the game won’t let me, obviously (and will say if so)

2. I won’t do anything blatantly suicidal/incredibly stupid (eg. “run around in that lava for a while”, “throw away the chaingun and beat down the Baron of Hell with your bare hands”, “walk next to that barrel and shoot it”Log in to see images!. Try to actually WIN here, folks.

3. I won’t mention EVERY action I take (moving around, picking up medpacks, etc), otherwise this’ll take forever. I will summarise when necessary though.

4. I will clarify anything you need to ask about a situation (how dangerous a monster is, how damage works, explosion radii, game mechanics, etc), provided you ask before someone tells me what action to take.

5. If/when I win the game or die (far more likely), somebody else who wishes to do this can take over, or I’ll start a new character in a new difficulty setting and/or challenge mode.

6. I live in a different timezone to many of you, so keep in mind I may take a while to update.

7. If I go a while without getting responses, I may decide to continue for a bit on my own.

Finally, you can download the game yourself here, get the manual here, or read in-depth about mechanics, items, monsters, etc on the wiki.

To start off, let’s do a normal game on the easiest mode. And so the first important decision is this: WHAT NAME DO WE GIVE TO OUR BADbum MARINE?!

where can I get this?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!