Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

“A wise man once said that human beings are fundamentally evil. An insane man once said that there is no such thing as a human being. Both are correct. Do you understand?”

You’ve been living a normal life, at least, as normal as a life can be. You’re in school, you’re working, you’re doing something with your life, trying to get by. You may have a lover. You may not. It doesn’t really matter. What you do know is that you’ve been seeing things in the corner of your eye. Horrible things. Things that you don’t know, and that you want to forget. And it’s just your mind playing tricks on you.

Right?

Shadows follow you, you think. Paranoia is creeping in. You’ve talked to a doctor, a psychiatrist, someone, and they just tell you they don’t know. Honestly, they don’t know what’s wrong with you. You’re sure that you can deal with it. It’ll pbum.

Right?

No. That’s not what happened. In fact, you’ve been seeing grotesque images where there shouldn’t be. There are corpses in the trees. Blink. Not anymore. That person you’re talking to is rotting alive. Blink. Still rotting. Blink. Okay, back to normal. This condition has been increasing, finally climaxing in a nightmarish hellscape of blood in the streets, screaming corpses, unnatural constructs where there were once people, and you in the middle of it all. And then it stopped. That should be the end of it. And it wasn’t. It still pops up once in a while, but that’s it. The images are getting steadily more terrifying and frequent now, becoming less fathomable. Lovecraft comes to mind.

But you get on with your life, in your small village. The time? Right now. The place? You’re all sitting in the Central Parc, this hip place which kind of sucks, actually. By the fountain of a mermaid, a man stands there, looking at you and some others at the park, smoking a cigarette. His hands look old, but his face is obscured by the fedora on his head and the general darkness of the area. No one is in the streets, and everything is quiet and dark, save the steady hum of the lights as they light the area.

The question of why you’re here burns in your mind, and you can’t answer it.

And you have the urge to talk to that old man.

A most pressing urge.

Note I

And so begins Fatalism. It is an RPG, much like this one. Characters will be entered, and I will choose. Submissions close at some point in the future. Characters entered should be regular, normal people, and have the following information.

Name:
Reason for Being at the Parc:
Significant Family/Friends:

Note II

Bold is OOC, and if you have any questions you can TM me or ask me at #RPGam on irc.abjects.net.

Note III

Cast

Clair Subara

Anthony Graham

Jacques Delacroix

Arman Fernandez

Ann Navca Lokita

Gil Carsten

Miles Ridgerson

Appiah Jawara

Rexus Abacus

Quentin Summerfield

Quixote

Veer edited this message on 06/16/2008 11:33PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!